ONE-ON-ONE COACHING, 65 VIDEOS, DOZENS OF PHOTOS, DETAILED PLANS & MORE THAN 8000 well-chosen words – this is the information and coaching you need if you what to FINISH YOUR BASEMENT THE RIGHT WAY.
Creating a comfortable and beautiful finished basement is a powerful and economical way to expand the potential of your home, but there's a big danger that most people miss. This detailed video course and coaching package explains everything you need to know to finish your own basement properly, or make sure a contractor does a great job for you. Most basements these days are finished poorly because above-ground building techniques are applied to below-ground basement situations. This is why mold, mildew, poor indoor air quality and uncomfortable floors are so common in finished basements. It can be different for you.
The information in this course will improve any kind of basement regardless of the floor plan you have in mind. Properly finished basements hardly ever happen, even expensive ones can sometimes be near-disasters. As a student of this course you can get your basement finished with confidence . . .
* Are you thinking of a separate space for your growing brood of kids and the extra peace and quiet it could bring to your upstairs livingroom?
* Do you dream of avoiding rush-hour traffic twice a day by setting up an efficient, comfortable, self-contained home office down in your basement?
* Have you ever considered "sharing" your mortgage with someone who’s renting your basement as a self-contained second suite?
These are just some of the reasons people start thinking about finishing their basements, but like I said there’s a hidden danger . . .
Underneath all the worthy reasons to finish a basement, most completed finished basements have fundamental flaws that often affect the quality of air in them and the houses above. And these problems appear in ways that are usually impossible to fix properly afterwards. Short of ripping everything out and starting from scratch, there’s nothing you can do to fix the common major design problems that are so common with modern finished basement after the fact. All you can do is avoid making mistakes in the first place. Saving you from making mistakes (or having a professional make mistakes and charge you for it) is a big part of what this course is about.
So, what are these hidden dangers that so many finished basements run into? It could be musty basement air or mold growth. It could also be inadequate floor insulation that keeps feet perennially cold during winter. Perhaps, after spending tens of thousands of dollars finishing your basement, the place still feels clammy, dark and uninviting. If you live in a region that gets hot and humid, there’s also the danger of condensation and the mold growth it triggers. You might even be hit by regular, catastrophic flooding if the basement wasn’t prepared properly before finishing. The risks are real, but so are the potential rewards. That’s why it’s worth finishing your basement, but only if you’re committed to doing things right. Doing things right is what this course is all about.
HOW TO FINISH A BASEMENT THE RIGHT WAY is for two kinds of people: DIY Homeowners: People who want to do some of all finishing work themselves and want to do it right.
Hire-a-Contractor Homeowners: If you simply want to hire and manage a professional builder to give you the best possible finished basement, this course ensures that you know exactly what goes into a great job.
Besides teaching you how to create a comfortable, attractive and useful basement space, my main aim is to help you avoid the common troubles that happen because basements are often finished in ways that look good on the surface, but are definitely NOT good underneath.
By the time you finish this technically detailed course, you will:
* see why finishing a basement is a unique challenge that's often done poorly
* understand why many finished basements have problems
* realize the four different sources of moisture that can ruin your finished basement & how to stop this moisture
* understand why fiberglass batts are a very poor (yet common) choice for insulating basement walls
* discover best practice methods for finishing basement walls, floors, & partitions
* learn how to build a basement root cellar for storing fruits & vegetables
* understand optimal basement waterproofing, power, lighting, drainage and layout.
* get real-world tips for building a basement kitchen, bathroom & rental suite
* and lots, lots more
Since 1988 my award-winning how-to content has appeared in publications such as Harrowsmith, Canadian Contractor, Mother Earth News, Cottage Life, Homes & Cottages magazine and many others. I've lived on a rural island in Canada since 1986, and have first-hand experience with everything I teach in my video courses. There's no big publishing company behind my work, just a little guy (me), my son (Robert) and a few other helpers creating some of the most detailed and well-loved information products about hands-on living in the world.
MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: Download your copy of the HOW TO FINISH YOUR BASEMENT course right now and get started understanding how to get the job done right. Examine the material for 90 days and if you're not completely delighted, just ask for a refund. You'll get it. I promise. There's nothing to lose and a great finished basement to gain.
YOU GET THREE THINGS WITH THIS COURSE:
1. One-on-one coaching from me by email
Every basement is unique, and I'm here as course instructor to answer your questions and give you the understanding you need as you deal with your basement. I work with learners all the time, reviewing their photos and videos to come up with an effective basement finishing plan.
2. Basement course download in PDF form.
These files can be viewed and read off-line as you please. There are 6 PDF course files – one for each section – available to download immediately after enrolling.
3. Perpetual access to the basement course online.
It takes a while to finish a basement, but don't worry. The course material will always remain available to you online. This online version is the same as the PDF version you can download, but handier for viewing on a phone.
Got questions? Email me at email@example.com. I created the course, I instruct the people who take it, and I'm here to serve you.
You get . . . full access to the online version and a PDF download. Just enter 0 in the box above and get everything for free
- You get . . . full access to the online version and a PDF download. Just enter 0 in the box above and get everything for free